This simple shortbread recipe is as buttery and melt-in-the-mouth as any fancy traditional recipe. Whip up a batch and wrap them up for Christmas!
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
• 125g castor sugar
• 125g cornflour
• 2 cups plain flour
• 250g butter
• Preheat the oven to 170˚C.
• Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the melted butter and stir until it’s all combined.
• Line a 28cm x 18cm lamington tin with baking paper and press the mixture in.
• Bake at 170˚c for 30 minutes.
• Remove from oven, cut into 24 squares, sprinkle evenly with castor sugar and prick each piece with a fork.
• Return to oven for 15 minutes. Cool in tin.